Indeed, there are a lot of great health benefits to eating salmon and along with its soft, delicate texture and mild flavor, it doesn’t have an overpowering fishy taste. Available fresh or frozen, it is perfect for a weeknight meal. As a matter of fact, I recently made this highly fan-rated (that would be my kids) Spicy sweet Salmon dinner that you just have to try.
During a trip to a local farmers market, I picked up some organic orange blossom honey. I am so in love with this honey and have been using it a lot in my baking and cooking. The sweet citrus fruity taste of the honey mixed with a small amount of crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers (It is spicy, so add cautiously) is an unexpected food pairing that is really good. Additionally, The spicy sweetness of the duo works wells with chicken, pork, shrimp and salmon or drizzled over goat cheese. Try it on your next cheese platter!
It also makes an easy sauce/marinade when the spicy sweet combo of crushed chili peppers and honey is added to some chicken stock.
“I made this Spicy Sweet Salmon for an easy to prepare weeknight meal, including sauteed fresh spinach and oven roasted baby purple and Yukon gold potatoes.”
Ingredients for Spicy Sweet Salmon
4 4-6oz. Skinless Salmon Fillets
½ cup Crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers
½ cup Organic Orange Blossom Honey
¼ cup Chicken Stock
Salt & Pepper
- In the first place, heat a large nonstick skillet on medium-high.
- Add Olive Oil, just enough to coat pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed chili peppers, honey and stock to create spicy sweet sauce.
- Pat dry salmon fillets and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add seasoned salmon fillets to heated pan.
- Brush spicy sweet sauce on tops of fillet.
- Cook salmon approximately 2-4 minutes per ½ of thickness and using a spatula flip over, brush with more spicy sweet sauce and continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 135-140°F
Looking for more meatless meals? Check out: https://moppinaandwoodenspoon.com/2020/08/14/pan-seared-haddock/