My Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks
My spicy, sweet, sour and salty marinade for Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks is a without a doubt, a tasty flavor bomb. Indeed, an easy to make and tasty marinade that you will absolutely love.
Ginger Teriyaki Marinade
This marinade has bold flavors such as fresh ginger, garlic and soy sauce. With a splash of heat and a touch of sweet to really balance out the taste. In addition, It is a versatile marinade that you can use for meat, chicken, seafood or your favorite veggies, as well.
The purpose of a marinade is to add a boost of flavor to your food. Marinating or soaking can also provide added tenderness to a tougher cut of meat.
Grilled or Pan-Seared Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks.
Initially, I picked up a package of Grass Fed Beef Outside Skirt Steaks from my local Wild Forks store. https://wildforkfoods.com/. Once defrosted, I prepped the skirt steaks by cutting the strips into four equal portions. Then, I simply poured marinade over the steaks and refrigerated overnight.
So quick and simple in fact, this recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight. These Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks can be pan seared or grilled. Begin by removing the steaks from your refrigerator and just allowing them to sit out for generally, 15-20 minutes. They will cook quickly, at approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Lastly, let the steaks rest for 5 minutes and discard any uncooked marinade.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- Just a splash or two of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 portions of Skirt Steaks
- To begin with, combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, Tabasco and green onions.
- Then, pour mixture over skirt steaks and let marinade in refrigerator overnight.
- As soon as you are ready to prepare, remove the steaks from your refrigerator and let them sit out for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a hot pan or grill, cook steaks for approximately 3-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Once done, let steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
*Discard any uncooked marinade.
Serving Tips for Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks:
As I stated previously, these steaks are great for a weeknight or any night meal. I served them with savory smashed sweet potatoes https://moppinaandwoodenspoon.com/2020/08/18/savory-smashed-sweet-potato/ and also a crisp green salad. The whole crew loved it! This dish would also go well with a side of steamed rice and a veggie stir fry.
Please leave a comment below and thank you for visiting https://moppinaandwoodenspoon.com/
One thought on “Ginger Teriyaki Skirt Steaks”