Spicy Pork Cutlet Piccata
I’d say that, Spicy Pork Cutlet Piccata is one of my favorite go-to weeknight dishes. This recipe for thin pork cutlets, that cook up really quick with a bright citrus flavor and a touch of heat, is one you’re definitely going to want to try.
Commonly, a pork cutlet is a thin boneless cut of meat from the tenderloin section. An excellent source of protein, pork cutlets are also about as lean as a chicken cutlet. If you wish, you can swap the pork for chicken cutlets in this recipe.
One-Pan Pork Cutlet Dinner
As much as I enjoy cooking, there are times that it’s more about feeding your hungry crew and just getting a meal on the table. However, like most parents, I don’t want to rely on fast food. Certainly, that is when I appreciate a tasty, speedy one-pan meal the most.
I begin by using thin pork cutlets, that have been lightly pressed in seasoned flour, then pan seared in a lightly oiled heavy skillet. After removing and transferring cutlets to a serving platter, the sauce is created using the same pan. Like a traditional Piccata, you will need butter, stock, capers and lemon juice for this sauce. In addition, my Spicy Pork Cutlet Piccata sauce also includes minced garlic and a bit of Calabrian chili paste.
Once the sauce is finished cooking, just pour it over the pork cutlets. As a matter of fact, you can simply wipe the pan with a clean towel and use the same pan to sauté some fresh veggies. Just heat up a bit more olive oil and toss some bagged fresh spinach into your pan. Using tongs, toss until just wilted and season with salt and pepper. Best of all, in less than 20 minutes, your delicious spicy pork cutlet piccata with spinach will be ready for dinner. Hooray!
- 8 thin Pork Cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. Calabrian Chili Paste
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- fresh chopped Basil for garnish
Directions for Spicy Pork Cutlet Piccata:
- As was previously stated, begin by pressing the pork cutlets into flour that you have seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add approximately 2 tbsp. of oil to your heated skillet, then cook the cutlets for about 2 minutes per side on medium high heat.
- Next, remove from pan and place on a covered dish.
- Lower heat to medium, add a bit more oil if needed, then while scraping up browned bits, stir in the garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 2 minutes, then add the capers, lemon juice, stock and chili paste.
- Once the mixture has cooked for approximately 4-5 minutes, add butter to sauce and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Pour sauce over plated pork cutlets, garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve with steamed or sautéed veggies.
In search of more skillet meals? Try:
Thank you for visiting!