Yesterday, after a last-minute trip to the market, I made these crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. Skin-on, bone-in thighs were not part of the original planned menu, but the store was completely sold out of wings. I guess, that is what everyone else, who planned ahead was eating on game day.
No worries, I thought. However, I had to reassure my child and shopping companion. Afterall, I had promised her chicken wings, french fries with lots of dipping sauces.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Most of the time, I use and recommend cooking with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. So versatile, they can be pounded thin, like a chicken breast. Also, as you most likely know, skinless is simply leaner than skin-on thighs.
However, we were craving our favorite wings. So, using my Ninja air fryer was my game plan for getting that crispy, crunchy chicken, we were hungry for.
If you use an air fryer, you know just what I am talking about. For those that don’t, let me tell you, yes, it is all that and more! I absolutely love mine.
Preparing Chicken Thighs for the Air Fryer
I have the simplest plan to make the most delicious chicken with no-added oil, that you have ever tasted. First, I pat the chicken thighs with a clean towel, until they are no longer wet. Next, I season them, generously, all around. This time, I used a Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. Though, you can use a basic mix of garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper or your own favorite blend.
The chicken thighs will take approximately 25 minutes to cook, in the air fryer. Cooking times may vary, depending on oven, as well as size of chicken.
You should always, check for doneness.
Wet or Dry
Once the chicken thighs are cooked, you can eat as is, or toss them or dip them into your favorite sauce. Serve with a side of fries or chips, if you desire.
So good, no one will remember, that you forgot to stock up on wings!
You will need:
- 4-6 large skin-on, bone-in Chicken thighs
- McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend.
- Optional: sauce, such as bbq, honey mustard or teriyaki
- First, pat the chicken thighs with a clean towel, until they are no longer wet.
- Cover entire chicken thigh with seasoning.
- Once seasoned, place chicken thighs, in you air fryer and cook according to your oven, at approximately 25 minutes or cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl, toss cooked chicken with your favorite sauce or pour sauce into a small bowl for dipping, on the side.
Serve your air fryer chicken thighs with a side salad or fries. Sooo good!
Moppina and Wooden Spoon Kitchen Talk
- Swap your ordinary french fries for sweet potato or zucchini fries.
- Check out my recipe for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Visit with Moppina and Wooden Spoon on Facebook and Instagram