This fancy looking crispy, spiraled Butternut Squash over Chicken Alfredo is surprisingly easy to make. In fact, in under 20 minutes you can get this super flavorful dish on your dinner table, any weeknight.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH over Chicken Alfredo
Many markets now carry ready-to-go spiraled veggies, such as butternut squash. A great convenience, especially if you don’t own a spiralizer, or simply don’t have the time to do the prep work.
For my spiraled Butternut Squash over Chicken Alfredo, I use my air fryer to cook the squash. Using this method of cooking will give the squash a nice caramelized flavor as well as a crispier texture. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can oven roast the butternut squash, until it is tender and crispy.
Butternut Squash over CHICKEN Alfredo
I use boneless, half-inch thick chicken breast, for this recipe. Easy enough, the chicken breast is seasoned with salt and pepper, then cooked in a grill pan.
Since, chicken breast are so versatile, I often will cook a larger batch than needed. Simply, portioning the extras for another meal during the week, is a great time saver.
Butternut Squash over Chicken ALFREDO
Typically, Alfredo sauce is known for being served over fettuccine. With ingredients such as butter, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, it is a rich sauce. However in this recipe, you will not need a large amount. Also, I’ve eliminated the pasta in this recipe, and I promise, you will not miss it.
I use a basic Alfredo sauce recipe with a bit of a twist. Right before serving, I like to add a bit of lemon zest to my Alfredo sauce. The burst of freshness, from the lemon zest, creates a pleasant balance with the rich sauce.
You will need:
- 10-12 ounces fresh, spiraled Butternut Squash
- 1 tsp. Canola or Vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4-6 grilled Chicken Breast
- Optional: fresh spinach leaves
- In a mixing bowl, toss squash with oil and season with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook seasoned squash in air fryer, according to manufacture’s directions, for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Stir lemon zest into prepared Alfredo sauce.
- Spread a small ladle of the sauce on the bottom of dinner plate.
- Then, add optional spinach leaves along with cooked chicken.
- Finally, top with the crispy spiraled butternut squash. Enjoy!