Delicious hot or cold, Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken is a family favorite.
I have made this dish so many times, throughout the years. Always, tweaking the recipe, a bit, based on what I had on hand. It is equally delicious served warm with homemade mashed potatoes or cold with a side of slaw. Either way, it is one recipe, you will want to make again and again.
Generally, I use bone-in Chicken thighs for this recipe. However, a combination of legs, thighs and breast, would also work. Simply, adjust the cooking time, so that the larger pieces are cooked through.
Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken
A combination of plain Greek yogurt, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, a bit of melted butter and grated fresh garlic, along with salt and pepper, is all you will need to marinate the chicken. I refrigerate the marinated chicken, for at least 30 minutes.
If you use a large mixing bowl to prepare the marinade and toss the chicken pieces in, just cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating, for less clean-up.
Seasoned Panko Bread crumbs, along with grated Parmesan, is what I use to coat the marinated chicken with. Once breaded, I drizzle a bit more of the melted butter, over the chicken thighs. Do this step, just before placing in the oven.
Once the chicken is golden and cooked though, enjoy it served warm or chilled.
You will need:
- 4-6 Bone-in Chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain non-fat or low-fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1-2 cloves, Garlic, finely grated
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Minimal amount of oil or cooking spray for oven tray.
Directions for Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard, 1 tbsp. melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper, until combined.
- Then, place chicken thighs in marinade and toss with tongs.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Now, shaking off excess marinade first, dip chicken thighs into breadcrumb mixture, then place on lightly oiled baking tray.
- Drizzle remaining melted butter over Chicken, then place in preheated 400°.
- Cook chicken for approximately 40-45 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
You can serve Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken warm or chilled.
Moppina and Wooden Spoon Kitchen Talk
- For an easy side, just mix any leftover yogurt into a pre-cut fresh bag of slaw. Toss together with a squeeze of lemon and your favorite seasonings.
- Place baby potatoes, no peeling necessary, on a separate cooking tray. Then, toss with a bit of oil, some leftover grated garlic and salt and pepper. You can cook the potatoes at the same time, as the Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken.
- For more dinner ideas, check out Inside The Recipe Box
- Follow Moppina and Wooden Spoon on Facebook and Instagram.
One thought on “Baked Dijon Lemon Chicken”